Translate

Monday, May 23, 2022

Paris bead tutorial CQ Block

So you all may remember, 
or not, 

way back at the end of the first millennium of plague, 
in february of 2021 I was asked to do a tutorial, (to review go here)  

I know that's a lot of links. But I like to attribute things where I can.

Any way here's what I finally did with it.

I found the perfect silk ribbon for those confetti colored flowers,  
from Mary Jo Hiney's "Flower Therapy" just to give you one more link, 

which were so much fun to make, I put them everywhere.

But it was mostly to cover up that yellow swoosh, which looked so off I put the block aside.
For a year. or more?
Ever done that before? Made a design choice, stuck with it, because it wasn't bad......just off.
Then revised it, then did it again but got so discouraged with all the holes you were putting in your fabric, it you stopped loving on a project?

Here's one of mine. (yes, there are more!)
I started this as part of my 2017 crazy quilt journal project and totally lost steam after six blocks
All that said, I encourage you to take one of those out of your stash and look at it again.
Stare at it for a few days, let it stare back.
It is probably not as bad as you thought it was, and actually, you cAn do something with it.

It may just take a while, a few stops and starts. 
What I am trying to say is, don't be afraid to take those old languishing blocks out of the closet/drawer/blackhole
you banished them to for "not rightness" go look at them again. you might be pleasantly surprised 
But eventually some designer bug wakes up at the back of your brain and woosh! It's done!

  
And it's pretty
Speaking of bugs, maybe it needs a dragonfly or two, and a few more bugs..........hmmm

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails