Translate

Saturday, October 13, 2018

the throes

I have a bad case of the throes,

as every quilter realizes at some point in their quilting career

there are way more Ideas in their heads than they can ever make in reality

and when you are a quilter like me

who is well and truly bitten,

you have more than one hobby horse to ride

this makes for a messy table

or two............


I am always in the throes of an idea

I've various stages of done laying about the house.

I try to keep them contained but they keep crawling out across various tables in the house

tossing themselves around

at least that's what I tell myself

You know they just got out again, like recalcitrant puppies refusing to stay in their basket


here's another one!

and you have to lay it all out so you can see all the colors and how they will interact with each other!

next thing you know there are parts all over the room

It just exploded! honest!

I need to stop buying fabric, is what I need to do.

Ha!




that last pile ended up looking like this so the process is messy

but look at all the pretty colors!

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh, those fabrics are gorgeous. The quilt is beautiful. I think you are working non-stop, with the help of your kitty of course.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be a messy worker, but have a fine judgement of colour balance. Keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails