Translate

Sunday, November 15, 2015

October CQJP/BJP done

 Little did I know at the beginning of this month

that this block,
covered in Holbein stitch this month,
would be perfectly placed for my daughters wedding.

there she is with my lovely dear darling  husband.
 this months BJP is the wired dragonfly on the left,

not much to look at but I was a bit busy this month


the other one I mad from what is left of a pair of cloisonne earrings that I lost the rest of the dangle to and a blue dyed pearl

a little more folded ribbon and many more beads

to finish off the many corners
holbein stitch creates









 a little more beading and some ribbonwork to round out the last little empty spots and there you go




4 comments:

  1. Flora, this block and it's stitching are absolutely marvelous.
    If I embroidered long enough I might get this good, but I doubt it.

    I hope you daughters wedding is memorable.
    To your son "thank you for your service."
    God Bless you and yours.
    Sondra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your daughter got married. A milestone in your life for sure. Very nice picture. Your block is beautiful. I see that I am not the only one that saves the mate to lost earrings and other jewelry for repurpose. Lovely post.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you were able to fit in stitching while getting ready for a wedding. But I'm glad you did because I always enjoy looking at your stitch combinations. Holbein stitch is not one that I am comfortable with at all. I'm not sure why unless it is that I really prefer curves to angles. But you have inspired me to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are lovely. I hope you submit the pictures to the CQJP blog, so even more people can see them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails