Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Dear BF and a critter update

it was my dear BF's birthday lat week.
he hates it when I make a big fuss over it.
but it his BIRTHDAY I can't not make a fuss!
so this year I toned it down just a little.
I made him Tacos for dinner
and a german chocolate cake with lots of
coconut filling, heavy on the chocolate.

and I made him a present.
nothing big just a little thing to let him know, I'm glad he was born.
cause that's why we celebrate birthdays yes?


I used a batch of transistors that were lying around after a motherboard project of his and fiddled with them, added the heart key hole and placed it in a small shadow box.


then took some Fimo and made a heart box out of it  stamped it woth swirlies a clock face and some meaningful words and baked it as per instructions

added a fan motor a resist indicator and more transistors on the heart bead and glued it all on with E-6000 (I love that stuff!) there are pictures inside of us then and now, but they don't photograph well so I didn't include them here.

the heart fits inside the box and the box is small enough it fits inside your (his) pocket.
like I said just a little something.


the critter has made off with one of the candles off the candelabra in the organ room, this time I can't find it.
Hmmm. I think it's time to go nuclear on it's fuzzy butt!

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute little doodad that I am sure he will love because you know him and if he wouldn't appreciate it, you would not have spent so much time and thought to making a token of your love. Its the kind of thing Terry would keep in his box of "stuff" that he keeps forever and keeps adding to.

    That critter is something else. Its really making me wonder what the heck it is? Do you have some type of extension office near for the DNR? The DNR has a cool set up at our county fair so I bet someone could give you some ideas.

    Thanks for sharing your present with us. Oh, did you ever find that paisley banner blog? I know I have seen it, but for the life of me I can't remember either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails