Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

RSC Pink

Geese don't migrate in April, do they?



All I know is I'm going to have a ton of them by the time this year is over



I all sorts of glorious colors! Woo-hoo!



and enough birds to make 2 quilts, 

maybe more.

One never knows

I have no real plan other than I like the pattern

And there you have The impetus behind most of my projects


I want to! Says the inner brat-child, and so it is done.



Then there are the end pieces that are to small to do much with 

so I sew them together those upper left blocks are now 2" square and big enough to actually do something with

I make them from the smaller part of all the HST I get off the birds,

since they are made from 2" squares by sewing down the middle of a color and a background it's much "easier" to sew the smaller HST before you cut off the end. other wise your WASTING FABRIC

OMG!

Can't have that now can we?

And since the ends are only a bout an inch or so they aren't useful for anything else all by themselves

Am I being silly? Quite probably

They are for me in that grey area of, to small to use and too big to throw away

So I appease my inner OCD "waste-not" hoarding freak, by doing this.

Don't judge! It's not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged!


And last but not least the spools

For a wonder I actually have a plan for these

It involves some applique and fiddling though.


I'm still thinking on it



 

3 comments:

  1. I don’t save anything less than 1.5” square, although the elephants I’m making do have 1” flip corners on the ears. But everyone’s tolerance level is different. If the fabric is cheap and ugly (as some of the scrap donations we get are), I have no qualms about re-homing it into the waste bin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time that is true but as I am sewing HST's for the birds it's right THERE, so why not? and some of the strips for spools are 3/4" anything smaller gets lost and while I'm chopping things apart anyway see what my tolerance for itty-bitty piecing is right?

      Delete
  2. I have a hard time getting rid of the tiny pieces too. There are so many fun things you can make with them, and I feel a freedom using them since I am using trash, it wouldn't be a problem if things don't turn out as nice as I envisioned.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails