Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Cathy's Block is now a box!

I finished this block and mounted it quite a while ago but then it sat on my table with nothing to do 


but look pretty fabulous for a long time 



until I got my excrement together to finish what I intended to do with it


Even the inside of the box was ready


I just hadn't yet decided on the fabric for the outside of the box


So needing to get SOMETHING done


I finally shifted myself and went through my fabric stash


And there you go

Easy peasy

Bob's your uncle 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Do you have a post - or some tips at least - about how you mounted that block? (And how you attached it to the box - though I can guess that part.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excellent question! I'm sure I have done somewhere but finding it at this point would be a trial. For mounting I shape a piece of card board the size I want, making sure there is at least an inch overhang on all sides of front material, there should be at least another inch of backing beyond that.
      then it's just a matter of folding over and basting it together along the all the sides top to bottom, right to left, with a whip stitch. start at the center and work your way out trying to keep it at an even tension all along the edge. Just goes to show I need to show the backs of things more!
      Then you glue it turn it over and put a few heavy books on top so it stays. I use fabritac, but aileens tacky glue does a good job too, let it dry for at least 24 hours.
      You've given me a new tut or at least a new directive! Now what it close to completion that I can show off?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails