Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Feeling Scattered

 The news just keeps getting worse so I have turned it off.


This week has been the kind that makes me feel randomized.


Like I have gotten nothing done


Like I have to start from the beginning


and will get nothing done ever again


Well that's just silly.


We had 2 days of bright sunny weather that were warm enough to go outside and work in the garden

So I got a bunch of needed things done there. I fixed the broken raised bed and made a new one. Turned the compost bin and started to move the old one into the new one and scraped the moss off the concrete around it, Yes that's a thing around here. Started to clean out the garage so we can fix the leak, that has developed in the roof, over the winter.

Taken my MIL to an appointment a day all this week. they got all piled up together because a few needed to be rescheduled when someone in the office got covid. ugh. They couldn't do it all on one day and get it over with? She's 90 this year and slowing down quite a bit but still going, on sheer stubbornness.                                                                                                                                                 I wish she would ask for help before things go pear-shaped but she "Doesn't want to bother us, dear"

The car had to be taken in for oil and filter service and a computer update, so we won't see them again for another 6,000 miles. I love my Hybrid!

So I have been running around getting groceries and other chores done, between picking up and dropping off, since I can't "just sit there". sound exhausting yet? 

Meanwhile, I have gotten a few little things prepared for doing.

Yellow scraps for the RSC, little stuffed velvet birds birds for Mary Jo Heiney's class, finished fa few more orange peel blocks for an applique project. and finishing the last little side of the candytuft fairie CQ block. There are things in flight, as always, that need gathering and prep, before I start on them everything needs to be organized or It all feels out of control. 


2 comments:

  1. I wonder how your scattered feeling relates to my anxiety feelings. Sounds like you get a lot more done than I do but doing stuff that is not for your personal self can make for a screwed up head.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate. I’ve been going through this same thing for the last 10 days and we have yet another week to go with eye doctor appointments, friends visits that have piled up, errands, car stuff (emissions inspection). My sewing has been rote - feeding strings through the machine. This weekend I cleaned out my linen closet in preparation for its remodel, ditto for laundry room. Too cold and rainy and snowy here for gardening for several days. Calgon, take me away!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails