Translate

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

My philosophy on CQ

AKA "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" 


I started Cq sometime in the 90's, 

 

after ploughing through the many stages of sane quilting 

Piecing,  hand quilting, English paper piecing, applique, Baltimore album quilting, longarming

and exhausting my patience for X-stitch.

Which didn't take long.

 

 

It also gave me the excuse I needed, to take up any other hobby, my short attention span desired. 


It forced, FORCED I say!, to take up beading and ribbon folding.

 

 It has given my, already magpie like tendencies, to blossom into a full blown
dragon hoard.

 

 

and caused me many an hour of uninterrupted "Zen" time.

 

Slow stitching is my happy place.

 

When I pick up a needle, I can feel my heart rate slow and the bugs in my brain quiet.

 

Cross stitch is a wonderful space to play.


 


This is not to say I have quit any of the other hobbies.

No, no! 

A quick peruse of this blog will tell you that.

While this tends towards a bit of a schizophrenic existence

and piles of UFOs

 

 

 

I will never  run out of things to do.

3 comments:

  1. I have loved crochet, rug hooking, crewel embroidery, cross stitch, sewing clothing and house things, beading, crazy quilting, lace dyeing and painting and now, quilting. I see myself staying with quilting until I can no longer do it. I gave up CQ because of carpal tunnel (have since had successful surgery) and old eyes that get tired with too much close work. I’ll quilt until I can no longer do it, then probably switch to genealogy.I need to unload some of my fancy fabric scraps, vintage and other laces, silk ribbon and other ribbons and trims. Do you need anything? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this piece on FB but like it more here where you give commentary. Slow stitching keeps me sane right now while going through some stressful times. Blogger does not play nice with my slow internet. I miss posting but it is next to impossible here on this mountain.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wholeheartedly. My journey is the same. So many types of quilts and crafts and I ricochet from one to the next. Crazy quilt does give me a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails