Translate

Saturday, December 23, 2017

the end

scrappy flowers test block#1
Scrappy flowers test block #2
of 2017 at least
Its been a challenging year
The boogar in chief notwithstanding


scrappy flowers test block #3
 I have made a total of 12 quilts this year!

Not all full size mind and not yet all finished but still impressive considering my usual 12-9" blocks and a few side projects


the quilting

  Most have been given to their expected recipients and I have fallen down hard on the picture taking,

which is ironic as i got a new phone with a fabulous camera in it this year.
So piece of coal in my stocking there.

the three scrappy flower quilts were the first to be quilted on my new bernina and for pracrice quits are not to shabby
all the Blue scraps quilt
they are all lap size and done with 1/4yds of the state flowers fabric from last year.

It's amazing just how far a few 1/4 yards will go!

woodland animals
the blue scrap quilt was done using all the blue and tan scraps i have been squirreling away for the last 25 years, lord only knows why.
its a full size quilt made of 1/2 square triangles and wild geese.

it's the first big quilt that bernie has done and came out a little wobbly but nice.

  
the quilting, I am liking my new machine
then the woodland animals for my dd#2 I still havent managed to get a binding on it,hopefully that will get done before new years.
as usual if you put it on the floor the inspectors come out to make sure your doing it right....
garden



Spring and summer were taken up by the usual garden stuff


Green house



plus I FINALLY got off the stick and built myself a greenhouse.
I used the old sliding doors from the deck and a slide window

It took till mid september to make it leak proof but that's just because it didn't rain until then and then rained for 2 weeks!
Machine quilted, I may have gone overboard
Now I just need to find it a proper door
I'm using an old rug right now but that wont last

I've only been planning on doing this for 8 years so its so nice to have gotten it done

French store quilt half applique, half machine

the French store quilt was done with remaining tan and all the red and green scraps from the basket of doom
Center French store quilt


because why not finally empty the silly thing out?
what am I saving them for anyway if not to use in a quilt
besides 25 years 4 homes and 2 husbands is long enough don't you think?



 this one is made from Julie Paschkis Russian winter folktales fabric

 aand scraps from the basket, are you noticing a theme here?


this last one is still in the works but its coming along nicely I have 3 more rows of 4 blocks and the outer border to put on, nce I can wrest it away from the minions


Then there was my early prezzie of a surprise gallbladder removal for the holidays, yay. -.-
I'm doing just fine but if this is anything like getting shot in the belly, TV and movies have been lying to us for decades!

You do not bounce up to finish the job, with  great sopping hole in your tum.
If you are in line for one of these it's not that bad, you're belly will look like a bowling ball after and the first few days are owchie

but they give you the good drugs to get you over that part and hopefully, those around you are inclined to spoil the invalid.
Happy Holidays to all and a happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have really been busy Sane Quilting!! 12 quilts in 12 months sure beats my one in 12. But I have a good excuse ... it was for my daughter. Enough said as it is tucked in the cedar chest waiting for binding...possibly forever. I am thoroughly enjoying slow stitching though.

    I remember by gall bladder surgery recovery was a breeze. Perhaps just forgot that it was more difficult than I recall. Old age will do that to your memory, lol.

    Merry Christmas friend.
    Best wishes for a really great next year.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails