Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2011

soul can hope

I am going to be bouncing around the verses from here on out because the tree part is going to take longer than I anticipated and I may mash the rest of the verses into less pieces.

i haven't lost interest just time due to life stuff, which is what I thought would happen.

 the verse for this piece is
"which grows higher than soul can hope"
And I thought the bird does a better job at showing the "soul hoping' concept than it did the "whatever is done" concept.

so I embroidered the body first

and then the wing, beaded it and attached it


then I added the tail, stuffed it and put a pin on the back. it still needs some dangly beads for the tail but I haven't found the right ones yet.





1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by bouncing around and combining pieces due to life stuff. It's been that kind of year everywhere, it seems. Here too! This piece is very, very pretty. Enlarging the photos shows your embroidery to be perfect (wish I could do that). I love the beak, and the bead for an eye brings it to life. Colorful and stunning, perfect to me without any dangly beads on the tail.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails