Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

many little boxesand BJP update

I have made a few of these little boxes over the holidays and everyone who sees them loves them.









I am wondering if it would be a good idea for me to open an ESTY shop, most of what I do is small bits and pieces.



like the tree box it's 2.5"x4.5"x3"high is cloth covered and has a green satin cushioned interior











but i don't know if there is a market out there for my little boxes.







I have discovered I enjoy making these little boxes they are relatively easy and depending on the box size fairly quick to finish.


See i even made myself a label!









these two are the small ones.









the yellow one is just a little longer measuring 3.5'x5..5"x3.5 high, also cloth covered but no cushion inside.






























I also finished "Whatever a moon has meant " for the BJP but it's spot doesn't come up untill june. looks like I need to get going on the ones I have been putting off.

tho the january piece is done and so is aprils i need to finish "wherever you go" for february and come up with a decent idea for "whatever is done by only me is your doing my darling" for march.

so to ESTY or not to ESTY?
I've gotta fund this fabric/bead/ribbon/lace addiction somehow!

1 comment:

  1. Your boxes are just beautiful.

    I don't know if there is a market on etsy, who ever could tell. I LOVE etsy and browse there when I am bored or looking for something specific. I know there are a ton
    of shops there that I have never seen. I think the key must be to figure out how to get noticed.

    I know quite a few beaders that do very well there, but they really promote their work on FB and their blog and probably other places I don't even know about.

    You should look for some local shops to see if they are interested. When I sold jewelry, I had a couple local shops in tourist areas that bought it and beauty salons. Most have a little gift area or jewelry case.

    I don't sell anymore. I like the making and hate the promoting.

    Hope you get some insight from other sellers. Some of your CQ friends have shops so they will probably chime in.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails