Translate

Saturday, February 12, 2022

RSC Progress

 Weekends are for lazing, lolly-gagging and swanning about like a Persian queen.


That being said I have been busy this week





The RSC colors for this month are teals and aquas




so I pulled these out to use





And made some bird parts

Organized them into wings chests and head and tail 

on this handy-dandy pattern board 

I made from some batting and random fabric strips, 

that are ironed to a piece of cardboard  with fusible steam-a-seam 

It helps me keep things organized




I made a few spools out of scraps


these are about 4.5"x 5"



for my nephew, A couple of boats for a nice quilt





Though something else has been calling me this week


this little brown jacobean thing

It's a good place to practice my stitching

And look! it seams to be following RSC colors!

There has been a little headway, filling in the leaves

It just looks like progress is slow

It is still looking a bit lumpy and somehow it looks empty,

 how does that work? 

I think I need more leaves

Here we are so far

5 comments:

  1. Well, you HAVE been busy! Like all of it. It's in my favorite colors too!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on using some of your AQUA/TEAL scraps (and doing some stitching in the Color of the Month, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Jacobean piece is looking great! Your spools are looking good. I keep saying I’m going to do spools for RSC, then I forget…. Sailboats look nice (and familiar!) Now it’s time to get back to our lollygagging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun pieces on your blog. Beautiful quilt blocks and the Jacobean piece is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Persian queen. Some days it sure does feel like that, doesn't it? Hahaha! Love all your blocks, especially the spools. Those must be some really skinny strips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails