Friday, October 17, 2008

room re-do

This what I have been doing instead of sewing since I got laid off.

It started, as most of these projects do, with a leaky ceiling.

In tracking down multiple leaks during a four day rain storm.

We started, innocently enough, just removing a few ceiling tiles only to discover the true extent of the problem(rats!- not real rats just the sentiment) inadequate insulation, gaps and a hornets nest(fortunately all dead and gone!)

This room was always my favorite in the house due to this veiw

and was originally my sewing room.

DS and I switched rooms when it became necessary to further remove the boy from the girls.

it's hard enough to get them to bed without the steady stream of tit-for-tat going on when they were all upstairs together.

and so my sewing room became DS's room and vice versa.

It's now so bright and cheerful I'm almost thinking of switching again!

I suppose it would have been more dramatic to show before and after pics but I just now thought of sharing(Duh!)This is my Ds's Room now. He (poor dear) has been living in the basement for the last three weeks while we tore apart his sanctuary.

I'm very glad we did, as it used to look like this!

This is the mud room, as you can see we use it for coats and temporary storage.

It's just out side his room and done in the same awful paneling!

its dark and not very user friendly.

adding more

I find in going through my older projects the need to add more to some of them and so I have been working on the Pineapples and Palm trees round robbin block,

nancy's block Lori's block

Janets blockAnn's block

taking inspiration from the blocks I got back and incorporating some of the design elements from their pieces into my block.
It still looks naked to me


Related Posts with Thumbnails