Translate

Friday, December 24, 2021

Skelly #2 done!

Once done with all that beading I needed to decide how to mount the piece on a backing, 

so after staring at it for a day or two, decided on an oval. 

Cardboard boxes are endlessly accommodating!

I also decided to add some quick embroidery to the seams

The CQ around the edges looked really empty.

So I slapped on some simple seams in plain black size 8 DMC just enough to be there but not enough to distract from the rest

With all the busy, busy of about a bazillion black charlotte's  and all the flowers, how could you tell? 

Idunno, I just could.


I also needed to place the sre flowers and beads

I had fun with this part


All of the silk ribbon flowers are put on individually  


each one is made on single 1" bits of  light non-woven interfacing (NWI) 




I do this by placing a lager piece of NWI in a small hoop, tacking down a 1" square and sewing the individual silk ribbon flower to that 

This makes it easier for me to handle than each individual 1"sq piece free hand

You can then cut them out of the hoop and cut away or fold  the edges under and sew them down more precisely.




Here are both my Skellies together for the first time!


I will probably have this one framed eventually also


But I think she came out well.


Merry Christmas Everyone!




 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Friend! I have been watching this piece progress but problems commenting on the IPad through Bloglovin. I love all things Skellie and especially love the creative thought you had with this last flowered lady. She'd wonderful.

    Thank you too for the kind comment about Bosco. I'm not sure why this loss has hit me so much harder than most in the past. Perhaps because he was only 8 or maybe because I am 70. My little Max is company but in reality he love all.

    Hope this is a great holiday for you. We are expecting a little girl any minute!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. She turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails