Translate

Monday, March 14, 2011

march BJP done!

well i had a major course change concerning my march project, were the concept changed completely!
this was the original concept
with the bird grasping a key in it's claws, up untill yesterday when the key broke! 
I hate when that happens, except when it happens and I get an even better idea!

so now I'm back to using the dogtag concept with feathers and beaded fringe.   since the phrase this month is "whatever is done by only me is your doing my darling" the fringe represents that which has influence over me and that which i influence.
you will notice that the bee has three fringe elements coming from it and the remaining two don't.
that's because this represents my children. it is for them I "do" have done and will always do.they are the reason i can laugh in the face of adversity and go on. they are represented by the ladybug, the dragonfly and the snail, (i'm the bee BTW) the butterfly represents my DBF, the pyramid with the eye of horus represents wisdom and knowledge and the key represents the mysteries I have yet to discover
Here it is all together. I still don't know whether it will be a barrette, a pin or a necklace, I'll take it one step at a time shall we?

 

4 comments:

  1. Well, whatever it will be, its fabulous. The symbolism is too. I love a piece that comes together and truely expresses the thought behind the creation.

    Cool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Carol, I'm so impressed with the meaning behind each element of this piece. It's wonderful! Also, have to say that I think your first attempt which broke is also very special. I'd try to resurrect that one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the symbolism. I find that I'm able to appreciate a piece more when I know its story.

    I love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your sketch is fantastic. i try to sketch things on an idea board i have so that i remember when I get inspired by something; however, half the time i don't know what it is i sketched. Your sketch is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails