Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Finished a pink and blue box

I tried out a couple of new techniques here one was the gathered ric-rac in Alli Aller's  crazy quilting book and folded ribbon roses.  
i have always been a little intimidated by folded ribbon roses and I still am a little. there must be a trick to making them so you don't get that square look.


i lined this one simple with the same pink cotton I used on the outside as the white box looked too stark to leave plain.
so now I have three boxes and two purses to sell in my ETSY store when I get it up and running hopefully by the end of the month. I want to do a little more research on it an get a better banner together.
But I think it's gonna happen.
i'm going to try not to panic or obsess or any of the other silly worry-wort things I usually do when I jump in feet first.
I figure I'll give it 6 months to see how it goes and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out.

2 comments:

  1. The box is beautiful.
    I know lots of gals that bead and sell on Etsy. They promote themselves and are pretty active on Facebook. They say FB really boosts sales. Something to think about.

    Any more word on the critter eating your candles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is gorgeous!! I think you will do well on Etsy with items like this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails