Translate

Thursday, July 1, 2010

a new purse

Some of you may remember this piece that I started , oh, way back in '08 or '09 sometime.
well I finally finished it! and it's the sweetest little purse if I do say so myself! and I do!)

there were several lessens learned on this one like. pin,pin,pin and pin some more!
plastic canvas makes an excellent bottom, just stiff enough to keep the shape of your purse but not to stiff to turn while sewn inside.
you must leave at lease 3/4ths of an inch along the outside if you want to sew your purse sides together and zipper placement is important, you don't want the zipper opening at the bottom your stuff will fall out!


also discovered those snap covers you have hiding in a drawer are perfect for purse bottom savers.

I love how the accordion ribbon roses turned out, and all the beading along the side with the three girls.








And I even love the sequin roses, an Idea I swiped from Jo in NZ, I thought they would be to gaudy but they blend nicely and don't hang out to far to get snagged on things

1 comment:

  1. You purse is lovely. And kuddos to you for getting back to a piece set aside.

    I also wanted to thank you for visiting and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails